1. Tomato paste or sauce can be used instead of fresh tomatoes. This saves a lot of chopping time.
2. Soak chik peas in boiling water if you forget to soak it ahead of time. In this way only 1 hour of soaking in needed.
3. You can also make a big batch of chapatti dough using your grinder flour attachment or food processor. Divide into smaller portions, put in ziplock bags and freeze it. Whenever you need, take one bag, thaw it and use. This stays good for more than a month.
4. Grate a whole coconut at a time and refrigerate/freeze it so it can be used easily whenever needed. You can use the grater attachment in the wet grinders to get it done easily. I prefer freezing as it stays fresh longer (up to 3 months). Thaw it for 5 minutes before each use.
5. Whenever you boil potatoes or cauliflower make some extra and put it in the fridge. This can be used to make stuffed parathas, cutlets etc.
6. Use the microwave to saute onions, tomatoes and to cook up the vegetables.
-Image Source – GoogleImages
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on facebook and follow us on instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela