Prickly heat is common in summers, The extra sweat clogs the skin pores, which trigger prickly heat rashes. This happens when the perspiration gets blocked underneath the skin. That is why prickly heat rashes are generally seen along skin folds, such as neck, waist, armpits, and groin. There are several factors which trigger these rashes.
- Wearing synthetic fibers.
- Intensive physical activity which leads to high levels of sweating.
- Using oil-based cosmetics.
- Wearing warm clothes in winter triggers perspiration.
1. Aloe Vera Gel
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of aloe vera helps in reducing various skin disorders. It will turn down the effect of inflammation and cure the redness. Its has amazing skin softening and hydrating properties.
- Take an aloe leaf / aloe- vera gel and squeeze out the natural gel into a bowl.
- Massage this on the affected part of the body.
Repeat this once or twice every day until you get relief.
2. Baking Soda
Baking Soda have antibacterial properties which helps in preventing infections and skin soothing.
- Baking soda
- A bowl of water
- Make solution of baking soda with cool water.
- Dip a washcloth in the solution and dab on the affected portions of the skin.
- Leave the solution for 5 minutes and then rinse it off.
Do this 1-2 times every day for best results.
3. Raw Potatoes
Potatoes have cooling properties and they can also be used for skin lightening.
- Take a potato, slice it apply the slices on the affected area. /You also can dab the areas with the slices.
- Leave the slices on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with cool water.
Do this every day until you get relief.
4. Oatmeal Bath
Oatmeal will exfoliate and scrub the skin deeply and clear the clogged sweat.
- 2 cups of oatmeal
- Lukewarm water
Do an oatmeal bath and soak yourself in it for atleast 15 minutes. Scrub the affected areas gently with oatmeal.
Repeat this every 2-3 days.
5. Chickpea Flour
Chickpea flour is also called as gram flour, It acts as a cleanser. It works on removing the impurities that are blocking the pores and also exfoliates the dead skin.
- 3 tablespoons of chickpea flour.
- Normal water or rose water.
- Make a paste of chickpea flour using some water or rose water.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Use cool water to wash your face.
Apply this pack every day for fast results.
6. Watermelon For Prickly Heat
Watermelon have coolness which soothes and refreshes the skin. It also contains antioxidants that have anti-aging effects on the skin.
- Take some watermelon and make a pulp.
- Apply the pulp on your prickly heat rash for at least 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water.
You can also drink a glass of watermelon juice or crushed watermelon for hydrating your skin from within.
Repeat this once every day until proper relief.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on facebook and follow us on instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela