F.R.I.E.N.D.S. has been the best show in the history of the television. There’s no other show that is as close to the hearts of billions of people as this show. If you are one of the fans, oh you of course are, here are a few fun facts about the show that you must know.
1. Courtney Cox was first approached to play Rachel, but she insisted on playing Monica, as she found the latter to be stronger.
2. According to the initial script, Joey and Monica were supposed to be romantically involved but things took a different turn.
3. James Michael Tyler (Gunther) got the role just because he was already working in the coffee shop and knew how to operate a coffee machine.
4. David Shwimmer (Ross) has directed ten episodes of the show.
5. Lisa Kundrow (Phoebe) used to be scared of the duck in Joey and Chandler’s apartment in the third season.
6. The first time Gunther spoke was on the 33rd episode and his first dialogue was “Yeah”!
7. Except for Monica and Phoebe, all the characters have kissed each other once or more during the show.
8. The white horse statue seen in Joey’s apartment actually belonged to Jennifer Aniston. It was gifted to her by a friend.
9. When Monica is unable to conceive in the show, Courtney Cox was actually going through the same thing in her real life.
10. Bruce Will appeared on the show for free, as he lost a bet to Chandler and hence donated all the earned money to a charity.
11. David Schwimmer was the first of the main six actors to be cast in the show.
12. The frame around the peephole in Monica’s apartment originally had a mirror in it. It was broken by a crew member during the early stages of filming, but producers thought it looked good so they left it.
13. When Lisa Kudrow first read the script, she thought Chandler’s character was gay.
14. Ellen DeGeneres turned down an offer to play Phoebe.
15. When the last series ended, Jennifer Aniston and her then-husband Brad Pitt hosted a dinner party at their home. They served bottles of wine that producer Kevin Bright had saved from the first series.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on Facebook and follow us on Instagram.
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela