PM received Highest Civilian Award by Russia
Russia conferred its highest civilian award on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. As announced by the Russian government, “Narendra Modi was decorated with the Order of St Andrew the Apostle- the highest state decoration of Russia – for exceptional services in promoting a special and privileged strategic partnership between the Russian and Indian people.”
Modi has also been conferred with the Zayed Medal which is the highest decoration by the UAE, in recognition for his pivotal role in strengthening relations. Let us talk about the major international awards received by Modi.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on April 4, 2019, honored PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration, Zayed Medal in recognition of his "pivotal role" in strengthening ties between the two nations.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on January 14, 2019, conferred with the first-ever Philip Kotler Presidential Award.
- The Seoul Peace Prize Committee on October 24, 2018, conferred the 2018 Seoul Peace Prize on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Recognizing Modi’s contributions to the growth of the Indian and global economies, crediting 'Modinomics' for reducing social and economic disparity between the rich and the poor, the committee took the decision.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on September 26, 2018, awarded with the prestigious UN Champions of the Earth Award 2018, the highest environmental honor of the United Nations. Modi received the award on October 3, 2018, by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on February 10, 2018, conferred with the 'Grand Collar of the State of Palestine' by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, recognizing his contributions in promoting relations between India and Palestine.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his brief visit to Afghanistan, was on June 4, 2016, conferred with the Amir Amanullah Khan Award, the highest civilian honor of Afghanistan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on April 3, 2016, conferred with Saudi Arabia's highest civilian honor ‘King Abdulaziz Sash’ by King Salman bin Abdulaziz at the Royal Court of Saudi Arabia.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela