Protect your skin this Holi with these tips!
The festival of colors is around the corner, the pre-party and celebrations have already begun. And one thing we all wonder is how to protect our skin and hair from colors. The festival which brings out the kid in everyone needs care and attention. The day of holi celebrations does not spare anyone, some get dirty with it, while some look themselves up in the room. Here we bring to you a few tips that will help you in getting the holi colors out of your body easily.
- Wear full clothes: The best way to avoid too much contact with the colors is to dress up from head to toe. Wear a full sleeve salwar kameez, and protect your body parts from colors.
- Use waterproof makeup: Try playing with your make up and make it a point to use waterproof make-up. It helps you keep it intact until you are done celebrating.
- Oil your hair: Your hair scalp is a sensitive body part. Try protecting it the most. The best way to do so is to oil your hair and make a bun, so the colors do not reach the scalp.
- Moisturize your body: It is important to care for your full body as well. Apply olive oil or coconut oil all over your body.
- Apply sunscreen: Holi celebrations can’t happen indoors, what you can do to save from the sun is apply sunscreen. Use it all over the exposed body.
- Stay hydrated: It is equally important to keep drinking water or juice or coconut water to stay hydrated and energized. Dehydration causes dry skin.
- Do not rub your skin briskly: It is always advisable to not rub the skin but be gentle with it. Use some soap with lukewarm water, add a few drops of baby oil, and be easy on your skin.
- Using lemon on the skin to get the colors off is also a good option. However, apply moisturizer after you have used lemon as it dries up the skin.
- For the good care of your ears and lips, use Vaseline. It will not let the colors seep into the skin. Apply it under the nails and see them shin throughout.
- Use sunglasses: It is advisable to use sunglasses and keep your eyes safe. Eyes are the most sensitive part and need special attention.
Have a happy and safe holi!
Save water, not emotions.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela