These days tomato prices are soaring high, and food without tomatoes is quite boring. Kadhi Bari is one dish that would not cost much on our pockets. It is a classic Bihari cuisine so tangy that too without tomatoes.
Besan ( chickpea flour) 1 1/2cups
Curd 2 cups
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Garlic chopped 2 tbsp
Green chillies 1 chopped
Hing a pinch
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Magrail ( nigella seeds)
Oil (for making baris)
For making Baris (fritters):
1. Take 1 cup of Besan. Add to it a pinch of hing, salt, baking soda and Magrail.
2. Using little water make a smooth paste of all above items. The consistency should not be watery.
3. Let it rest for 5 minutes at least for fluffy baris.
4.heat oil in a pan and using spoon drop the paste in oil to make baris.
5. Drain extra oil
1. To the remaining 1/2 cup besan add water and dissolve in it.
2. Whisk the curd and mix it in besan.
3. In a pan heat 2 tsp of oil. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped garlic, chillies. Fry for 2-3 minutes till the tadka becomes golden. Add turmeric and salt.
4. Add the curd and besan solution to the pan and keep stirring it till the solution becomes thick and besan is properly cooked. Stirring should be done on medium flame.
5. Keep stirring for minimum 10 minutes and then add the baris.
6. Boil for another 5 minutes. The baris will become fluffy.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela