Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on July 7, 1981 in Ranchi, Jharkhand (then Bihar). He holds numerous captaincy records such as most wins by an Indian captain in Tests and ODIs, and most back-to-back wins by an Indian captain in ODIs. He never works under pressure. Never has he got involved in any kind of arguments. His cool nature not only helps him in winning the matches but also in coping up with the losses.
6 things to know about Dhoni aka Captain Cool
- He was the first Indian Captain who took the team to number 1 test ranking. He achieved this milestone in 2009 and then became the second Indian captain after Kapil Dev to win the ICC 50 over world cup for India in 2011. Under his captaincy, team also won ICC World cup T20 in 2007.
- In 2011, 2012 and 2013 under Dhoni captaincy India was named as ICC team of the year.
- Dhoni has played a vital role in building up the career of players like Ravindra Jadeja, Ashish Nehra, Jasprit Bumrah and has been a great mentor to Virat Kohli. He always encourages his team members and never let them lose their hope. India always has hopes of winning till he is on the field. A true cricketing genius
- He is a hardworking man, very much focused towards the game. According to reports, once when a bowler abused him, he sensibly asked the umpire to sort out the matter instead of directly answering back.
- He has captained India in 60 Test Matches and won 27 out of them. During his leadership, India won 21 out of the 27 test matches played on the Indian soil.
- On 19th of April 2006, he moved to the no. 1 position on LG’s ICC ODI player rankings. Ranked at no. 2 position on LG’s ICC ODI player rankings on the 16th of April 2006.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on facebook and follow us on instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela