People who keep roza eat before sunrise (Suhoor or Sehri) and then refrain from eating or drinking anything throughout the day. In the evening, people break their fasts after sunset with a meal called ‘Iftar’. Iftar is a feast which people look forward to after the days long restrain. Traditionally, one is supposed to eat dates along with juice, milk or water.
Here’s for you, the best of our health tips to break your fast with.
1. Do not mix fruits with your meals: Break your fast with fruits or consume them after you are done with your meals. Fruits when combined with minerals, fats and proteins present in other foods, can hinder digestion.
2. Do not combine cheese with nuts and seafood with other meat:Your body is programmed to digest one concentrated form of protein at a time. Consuming more than one can create complications in your digestive system.
3. Avoid combining citrus foods with milk based foods: Acidic acid curdles milk which can upset your stomach. Proteins and starch together is also not a great idea. If you are planning to gorge on a feast full of lean meat, try balancing it out with some fresh veggies.
4. Take it easy: Do not be in a hurry to finish your food. If your body receives too much of food all of a sudden after being deprived of it for an entire day, it may lead to indigestion and other gastric problems. Start with some fruits, yogurt, lots of cooling fluids like sherbetsor smoothies and then go on to relish your main course after a while. This will give your stomach some time to process and will ensure proper functioning.
5. Start Healthy: Consuming rich meaty dishes, hearty biryanis and those irresistible desserts after a long day of abstaining from food may take a toll on your digestive system and cause stomach bloating.
6. Include Salads in your meal: Eat a salad, because it is rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. The more colorful your salad, the more health benefits it holds. It also gives you a feeling of fullness, ensuring you eat less of the main dish.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on facebook and follow us on instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela