Treat you skin with some natural products to remove sun tan
The most common problem of every girl today is skin tan. Do you know the actual meaning of tan? Lets’s make you aware of what actually tan is? Tan is a formation of black layer forming over your skin due to excessive skin exposure. Taking a sun bath is common in western countries but an hour exposed to sun in India, will make you 2 tones darker.
The sun’s ultraviolet rays increase production of melanin in the body, which results in sun tanned skin. After getting a sun tan, it is not easy to bring your skin back to a normal state but with patience and care it can be done.
Instead of spending money on expensive cosmetic products, you can try some natural treatments. There are many simple natural treatments that can lighten a sun tan and restore a lighter complexion.
You can try these simple home remedies to remove sun tan.
Lemon juice and honey
Lemon juice has bleaching effect which helps in removing tan quickly.
1. Take fresh lemon juice, add some honey to it and apply on your skin.
2. Let it stay for 30 minutes and wash off.
3. You can also add some sugar to the lemon juice and scrub your skin gently to slough off dead cells from the surface. Sugar is an excellent cleansing agent. Do this two or three times a week for fast results.
Yogurt and tomato
Tomato is rich in antioxidants that helps in brightening skin..Yogurt on the other hand contains lactic acid which softens the skin.
1. Take raw tomato and remove the skin.
2. Blend it with 1-2 tsp of fresh yogurt.
3. Use this paste on your tan, and wash off after 20 minutes.
You can use yogurt on your skin daily before taking a bath, for best results, add tomato juice and lime juice to the yogurt.
Cucumber is highly beneficial for tanned and sunburnt skin. Cucumber has a cooling effect and helps remove tan. The vitamin C in cucumbers also will help keep the skin well moisturized.
1. Shred a cucumber, and squeeze to get the juice out.
2. Using a cotton ball, apply the juice all over your skin.
3. Let it dry and wash. You may also add a little lemon juice for added benefits.
Bengal gram flour and turmeric
Turmeric is an excellent skin brightening agent while Bengal gram flour (besan) lightens skin effectively.
1. Add 1 tsp of turmeric to a cup of Bengal gram flour, and mix some water or milk to make a thin paste.
2. Apply this mixture on your face and body, and let it dry, before gently scrubbing it away using lukewarm water.
Regular use will help fade the tan from your skin.
Potato juice is often used to lighten dark circles around the eyes. Apart from being naturally soothing, the juice of potato is also known for being a potent bleaching agent.
1. Juice a raw potato and apply it directly onto your skin to get rid of the tan.
2. Alternatively, you can also use thin potato slices on your eyes and face.
3. Keep them on for 10-12 minutes and wash off once it dries.
Aloe vera gel will lighten the skin within a week, if applied daily to the affected area. It also helps cleanse and nourish the skin.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected skin areas before going to bed.
- In the morning, wash the skin thoroughly.
I hope these simple tips can help you in removing tan.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Do not forget to like on facebook and follow us on instagram. Send your entries too…
Thank you! Signing off
-Team Social Mela